21 Feb 2011

Nurgle Oblitorators

I have had and seen some seriously quality nurgle oblitorators. the oblitorator kits really do lend themselves to the nurgle theme and theres so much room for a sweet conversion oportunity!!

I bought a massive nurgle army once, 3000+ points worth it was. I bought it with the view to sell most of it again and i did making a tidy profit. but there was some nurgle oblitorators in there which really captured my imagination and they looked the part. i really wanted to show them off here. so i thought id post some pics.






The tenticles are my favourite part. im not sure where they came from though, so if anyone recognises the parts please let me know. The plastic kits in the chaos ranges now though have so many goodies in them, these conversions should be easy peasy :) go wild i say. trick is not to make the model look too busy. and get the fit looking ''right'' if it looks out of proportion etc it makes the model look odd. thats the biggest challenge you have to overcome making these bad boys

I have loads of spare oblitorator torsos and broken up bits that belong to these models through buying so many armies on ebay. so i thought id have a go a making a few myself. converted up. i was aiming to sell these on ebay so I tried not to spend a huge amount of time. But it is very hard to! soooo easy to get carried away!

This is what i came up with... and they sold really well :)






I used a lot of the spawn of chaos range. various heads from my bits box ( i dont like the original oblitorator heads much) and what ever else I had to hand. My bits boxes are huge so I dont necessarily need to look far to find inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant! Loved them! Specially the first one. Nice job ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks buddy! theyr so easy and fun to make too.. im going to make some more soon! got plenty more torsos!

    ReplyDelete